That's the News, Vol.1, Num. 3
Happy Wednesday Friends!
Once again I darken your inboxâ€™s threshold to bring you news and happenings from Thatâ€™s the Rub Massage Therapy Center! Nice digs you have here!
1. NEW WORKSHOP â€“ COUPLEâ€™S MASSAGE WORKSHOP: Sometimes you want a really great massage but canâ€™t make it to Thatâ€™s the Rub because itâ€™s at 11pm and you just know Jim (câ€™est moi) isnâ€™t going to answer your call to book you an appointment for 11:30pm. Youâ€™re right, not gonna happen.
So what do you do? Well, you could wait, suffering in silenceâ€¦but thatâ€™s not right. You could try and convince your pet Rottweiler Muffin to walk on your back, desperately trying to remember when the last time you cut her claws was. Or you could ask the person sharing the couch with you to really dig into your lumbar spineâ€¦but does he know where the lumbar spine even is?
Now both of you can! In our first, and far from last, COUPLEâ€™S MASSAGE WORKSHOP youâ€™ll learn the strokes, techniques and anatomy needed to strengthen, lengthen and soothe your muscles and those of your partner. This hands-on, semi-private, Coupleâ€™s Massage Workshop is suitable for any kind of couples: Spouse, sport training partners, dancers, friends of any age, people you stand in line to buy coffee withâ€¦ok, maybe not the last one, thatâ€™s kinda creepy. Privacy screens will be used between couples.
You will be personally instructed by Lisa Keplinger, a National and Indiana State certified massage therapist with over 10 years of experience training more than 140 professional massage therapists, an internationally sought after spa consultant and designer, and owner of Thatâ€™s the Rub Massage Therapy Center in Bloomington, Indiana (whew, thatâ€™s a lot).
Schedule your Coupleâ€™s Massage Workshop today as space is extremely limited and already filling up. $270 per couple. All supplies, including a jar of Biotone Massage Cream to practice at home, will be provided. Additional supplies will be available for purchase. BYOP â€“ Partners will not be provided.
Each workshop will be held on three consecutive Saturdays for two hours each (one hour for each partner to be on the table or performing the massage). Thereâ€™s three sessions taking place in October, another in November, and one in December (the first three weeks of each month).
2. NEW TREATMENT – YOGA PERFORMANCE RUB: After much clamoring (yes, there really was clamoring) we are now offering a Yoga specific Performance Rub. While all of our services are tailored to your individual needs and goals, the Yoga Performance Rub takes that to a new height by starting with a base of facilitated stretching, adding a big helping of muscle lengthening, and deep tissue and other integrated techniques to taste. If your idea (or ideal) of a good time is Full Lotus or Upward Facing Two-Foot Staff Pose, then this limber-inducing, muscle soothing and joint relaxing massage is for you! The Yoga Performance Rub is perfect for all yoga practitioners from utter-beginner to uber-advanced. Schedule your 60 minute or 90 Minute Yoga Performance Rub today!
3. NEW PACKAGE DEAL â€“ KNOW YOGA, KNOW THE RUB: Know Yoga, Know Peace (234 N. Morton
Bloomington, Indiana 47404â€¦thatâ€™s right around the corner from us, folks) and Thatâ€™s the Rub Massage Therapy Center have partnered to bring you something truly extraordinary to your wellbeing: 5 Sessions of yoga (you choose the flavor and time) at Bloomingtonâ€™s preeminent yoga studio and a One Hour Yoga Performance Rub (schedule it when you buy the package or purchase as a gift certificate to use anytime in the next year) from Bloomingtonâ€™s foremost massage therapy center. Talk about the ultimate wellness package! Purchase online or in person at either Know Yoga, Know Peace or Thatâ€™s the Rub Massage Therapy Center.
4. OFFER FROM A FRIEND â€“ CARDINAL FITNESS: Cardinal Fitness (475 North College Avenue, Bloomington Indiana 47404â€¦thatâ€™s a whole two blocks north of us) has a special offer for all Thatâ€™s the Rub friends and family â€“ half off the signing fee (thatâ€™s a savings of $50)! Thatâ€™s a heck of a deal! Just mention Thatâ€™s the Rub when you join and POOF! Like magic youâ€™ll save money while you get in shape!
5. MORE NEW FACES AT THE RUB â€“ OUR FAMILY KEEPS GROWING! At the front desk, we are all pleased (downright tickled, in fact) to be joined by Shani and Kelsey (pause for applause)! Shani and Kelsey round out the team of Mariza, Camryn and Jim (yours truly) to be the faces and voices of Thatâ€™s the Rub. Welcome!
In the treatment rooms, we are joined by Rachel Knight, from Washington by way of Tennessee. Rachel grew up dancing and developed a strong appreciation for the human body. As she got older she wanted to find a career that would help others gain the same perspective: massage was an obvious choice and instantly became her true love. Rachel studied at the prestigious Utah College of Massage Therapy, where she discovered her favorite modalities: Trigger Point Therapy, Shiatsu, and Structural Integration . Working in spas over the following years she integrated these skills with Reflexology, Injury / Therapeutic Massage, Prenatal / Pregnancy Massage, Swedish Massage, and Sports Massage. Donâ€™t wait a minute, Rachel is booking now!
6. WITH SO MANY GREAT THERAPISTS AT THE RUB, HOW DO I CHOOSE? Iâ€™m so glad you asked! Professional massage therapy is a touchy business (go on, boo the pun, I donâ€™t blame you, Iâ€™ll wait), and choosing the best partner in health for you can be daunting. Fear not, my friend, weâ€™ve got your back (go on, thatâ€™s boo worthy too). First of all, Thatâ€™s the Rub therapists are at least dual certified (Indiana and Nationalâ€¦some have even more) and have training and experience far beyond the minimum requirements of either. Second, all of our therapists are personally vetted by Lisa (remember Lisa? Sheâ€™s the owner of Thatâ€™s the Rub, a CondĂ© Nast recognized resort spa designer, trainer, and consultant, plus an overall nifty individual). And third, Lisa has written this comprehensive guide for how to pick the one thatâ€™s right for you. Read it here!
WELL! That was quite the newsletterâ€¦and itâ€™s not entirely done. In the coming weeks, expect another (much, much shorter one) officially announcing major additions to our menu of services as well as information about our Second Anniversary / Halloween Open Houseâ€¦thatâ€™s right, itâ€™s been two yearsâ€¦WOW!
Thatâ€™s the Rub,
Jim, Lisa, Kathy, Deborah, Maria, Molly, Rachel, Mariza, Shani, Kelsey & Camryn
205 N. College Ave, Suite 160 Bloomington, IN, 47404 USA
email@example.com • 812-333-3393